Tier 1 Automotive Production Associate
About The Position
Leading Manufacturer for the Auto Industry - be a part of this amazing team that provides parts for the Auto Industry for further assembly into the top selling vehicles in America. This is a Light Industrial Work Environment that makes small parts for the automotive industry.
No manufacturing experience required - if you are new to manufacturing and would like to start with a company that will allow you to gain this experience, this is a great opportunity for you!
Excellent Work Environment - Casual Environment that allows you to wear closed toe shoes (no steel toes), shorts, leggings and sweatpants.
Gem Care Inc is accepting resumes for production associates to work for our client in Jefferson, TN, must be able to train on 1st shift. This is a fast-paced operation, CLIMATE CONTROLLED environment. Shift differential is $0.30 for 2nd and 3rd shifts.
- 1st shift: 7:00 am -3:30 pm
- 2nd shift: 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
- 3rd shift: 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
- Positive attention to detail, neatness, and accuracy to protect quality and customer requirements.
- Maintain positive outlook under pressure
- Confident in exercising good judgment to facilitate effective decision making.
- Strong spirit to maintain a neat and clean workspace.
- High spirit for teamwork to support peers when your tasks are ahead of plan.
- Continuously strive to improve the quality system compliance by:
- Initiating or recommending solutions through designated channels.
- Stopping production when non-conformances occur and notify Supervisor.
This is an organization that promotes your self initiative, drive, and commitment to protect the product, process, and quality system to assure good parts are shipped to the automotive assembly plants and ultimately protect your own car or truck!
Count & Pack:
- Counts, packs, and/or wraps products and materials to protect from damage during storage or shipment.
- Inspects products prior to packing and wrapping.
- Contains rejected products or returns them to departments owner.
Inspection & Rework:
- Examines product for surface defects such as cracks, incomplete and light welds.
- Verifies specified dimensions of product by the use of gauges.
- Compares label information and counts outbound shipments to confirm information against order records.
- Stops shipments if quality problems are detected.
- Assembles cardboard containers.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates forklift or pallet jack transport or hoist shipments from shipping platform to truck.
- Counts, measures, or weighs containers to confirm contents against bills of lading, invoices, or storage receipts.
- Examines products for defects per inspection work instructions.
- Unloads and unpacks incoming shipments.
- Catch and pack springs in containers as exiting from the production machine.
- Inspects and gages springs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems with standards.
- Read and understand instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Occasional sitting, stooping, kneeling, or crouching is required.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off