Night-shift Machine Operator
About The Position
This position is for Weekday Nights Tuesday - Friday 8:30 pm - 7:00 am.
Safety shoes are required.
Training will be on day shift for 2 weeks before going to shift hired for.
Primary function is to perform the following standard work of loading / operating the Continuous Carburizing Furnace, Dump Machine / PT-9 repack machine, and Shot Blast. Standard work to include but not limited to loading the furnace production charges, quality checks, updating the Kanban board, production paperwork, and the PT-9 dump machine.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedure and Work Instructions. Perform work in a systematic manner when possible to insure all steps are carried out in proper sequence. Adhere to Standard Work.
- Load production parts for continuous carburizing furnace.
- Operate dump machine and PT 9 repacking machine as needed.
- Operate shot blast equipment and repacking machine.
- Perform operational preventive maintenance according to schedules.
- Read dial indicators and other measuring devices to insure quality standards are met. If manufacturing process is causing quality issues, Heat Treat Operator will stop production and consult with C-tech to correct. (Stop, Call, and Wait).
- Record production results, quality checks, and scrap as required.
- Responsible for all 5-S and daily housekeeping. Perform major cleanup on the lines as required.
- Train other associates as directed.
- Perform other duties as required.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operator needs to be able to move at a fast walk from line to line
- Operator needs to be able to lift 40 lb. pans of parts
- Operator needs to be able to lift arms over head
- Operator needs to be able to bend down (and back up) without issues
- Operator needs to be able to conduct visual inspections
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED ( You will be required to have this during the hiring process. A copy will be made to include in your packet. )
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The performance of this position requires exposure to manufacturing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
- Pass drug screen
- Pass background check
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance