Third-shift Machine Operator
About The Position
This position is for 3rd shift Monday - Friday 11:00 pm - 7:30 am.
Safety shoes are required.
Training will be on day shift for 2 weeks before going to shift hired for.
Primary function is to operate and maintain adjustments of various machines as necessary to meet production schedules and quality requirements.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Follow Standard Operating Procedure and Work Instructions. Perform work in a systematic manner when possible to insure all steps are carried out in proper sequence. Adhere to Standard Work.
- Perform operational preventive maintenance according to schedules.
- Read dial indicators and other measuring devices to insure quality standards are met. If manufacturing process is causing quality issues, Machine Operator will stop production and consult with Set-Up personnel to correct. (Stop, Call, and Wait).
- Assist Set-Up personnel during operation by making minor machine adjustments and tooling settings.
- Record production results, quality checks, and scrap as required.
- Train other associates as directed.
- Perform other duties as required
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operator needs to be able to move at a fast walk from line to line
- Operator needs to be able to lift 40 lb. pans of parts
- Operator needs to be able to lift arms over head
- Operator needs to be able to bend down (and back up) without issues
- Operator needs to be able to conduct visual inspections
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED ( You will be required to have this during the hiring process. A copy will be made to include in your packet. )
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The performance of this position requires exposure to manufacturing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
- Pass drug screen
- Pass background check
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance