Corporate Cost Accountant
About The Position
Gem Care Inc. is seeking a Corporate Cost Accountant for a client in Oak Ridge, TN.
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Job type: Full time, in-office Employee
Compensation: $65,000 to $85,000 depending on level of experience.
Opportunity for upward mobility and advancement within the organization.
- Review the Company's Costing Process and Cost Standards. Develop a detailed analysis of the components of the cost standards by manufacturing process so that changes can be made to these standards when needed on a systematic and routine basis.
- Analyze the raw material costs for accuracy and review and update indirect costs that are applied to the raw materials costs in the estimating process. These indirect costs include items such as incoming freight charges which fluctuate often.
- Check for updates needed in personnel costs, including benefits, and how they are applied to the job costing. Review the tracking that is done by job for labor costs and the analysis done of efficiency and utilization for all production employees.
- Complete an analysis of the job estimating process to check for accuracy and to document how to accurately transport it into a new ERP system that is currently under consideration.
- A significant part of the job costing analysis is an ongoing comparison by manufactured job of the estimated cost of the job compared to the actual cost to manufacture. Investigate differences and trends to insure that our estimating process is both accurate and consistent.
- Develop a review plan for routine analysis by customer of order patterns. This review will likely generate ideas for more cost effective ways to produce repeat jobs and also possible cost savings proposals for customers. This analysis also can spot trends of customer part losses or business downturn which can be followed up by sales staff with customers.
Work with departmental staff to accomplish the below:
- Better routine training for a more thorough company wide understanding of product cost components.
- Facilitate a better understanding by all Company staff of what is meant by "estimated job cost" and "actual job cost." This continues to confuse many production as well as account manager staff. Continual training and examples at all staffing levels to raise awareness and understanding of what is meant by each term and what components make up the cost of a production job.
- The largest upcoming project is the selection and implementation of a new ERP system. We will want your input as the new system is selected and then participation in the conversion process and training. The new system may require changes and/or updates to the job costing/estimating process. We want to understand and validate all differences and updates to test before implementing changes in a new ERP system.
- Special projects as assigned.
You will work with estimators, account managers and production supervisors understanding their role and responsibilities especially the requirements of different manufacturing methods (flexo versus digital) and equipment capabilities (wide web versus narrow web). This hands on training throughout production and warehouse raw material is expected to take at least six weeks so you have time to learn how estimating, art, production scheduling, shipping and raw material purchasing all interface in the label manufacturing process.
- Candidate should have a solid working knowledge of GAAP and strong financial analysis skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or industrial engineering
- Prior working experience in a manufacturing cost accounting role is a strong plus
- Should have advanced Excel skills, be detail oriented, highly organized and be able to work with minimal supervision and perform well under pressure
- Ability in both verbal and written form to communicate with all levels of management including senior management team
- Work collaboratively with the company operations teams at all plants
- Highly motivated and self-started
- Prior manufacturing industry experience, familiarity with ERP systems
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Company-matched 401(K) Savings Plan
- Paid Time off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays