Process & Facilities Engineer 1
About The Position
This position performs a variety of mechanical process and facilities engineering work to maintain and continuously improve the performance of multiple chemical production units and related auxiliary systems in Distillation and Conversion. This position provides engineering and technical services to Operations and additional service units in order to assure safe operations, regulatory compliance, and to maximize the availability and efficiency of these units.
- Support the Engineering Manager Process & Facilities in Distillation and Conversion to ensure safe operating conditions and regulatory compliance of production units.
- Maximize the availability of production units at required capacity and quality.
- Consult and support capital projects executed by project engineering.
- Participate in commissioning of new and modified production sites.
- Participate in the planning and execution of system or unit turnarounds.
- Support the maintenance team in the planning and execution of ITPM and MRO activities.
- Maintain asset data in enterprise asset management and plant engineering systems.
- Become an expert capable of exercising process engineering judgement with respect to the process area of responsibility and assigned subject matters.
- Develop and support the development of specifications and standards.
- Plan and execute small size investment projects, repair projects, and improvement projects for Maintenance and Operations as project manager.
- Conduct and coordinate debottlenecking and troubleshooting activities.
- Participate in PHA’s on new and existing process installations.
- Resolve issues with plant engineering per API standards and OSHA PSM 1910.119.
- Support process and technology transfer and exchange between company production sites.
- Drive and support continuous improvement activities related to process, safety, quality, and cost.
- Cooperate with groups and individuals within the Engineering and Maintenance teams, within Operations, and other service units with a focus on achieving optimal results and solutions from a corporate enterprise perspective.
- Responsible for RCRA generation as relating to container and labeling usage, maintenance and storage functions, and regular inspections of RCRA applicable areas.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Keep documentation and equipment records up to date.
- Supervise 3rd party providers for engineering and maintenance services.
- Represent company's interests towards authorities, suppliers, and contractors.
- Perform all tasks and assignments in accordance with company's policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of related experience is required
- Thorough technical knowledge in the field of mechanical process and facilities engineering including a familiarity of relevant regulations, standards, and codes.
- Familiar working with process flow diagrams, process and instrumentation diagrams, pipeline isometrics, and equipment drawings.
- Understanding of function and design of processing equipment and piping systems including heat exchangers, distillation columns, pressure vessels, etc.
- Objective judgment and fact-based decision-making approach.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary and intercultural teams.
- Capability to professionally deal with changing priorities and requirements.
- Strong multitasking competency.
- Ability to perform and succeed in an environment of schedule and cost pressure.
- Team player attitude.
- Preferred experience, but not required: Six Sigma and Lean, SAP EAM, Microsoft SharePoint, Delta V, PI Processbook, COMOS.
- Must be physically fit to wear an air purifying respirator if necessary.
- Due to schedule and milestone requirements, a nonstandard work schedule such as nights, holidays, and/or weekends may be required.
- Work experience in a PSM facility.
- Familiarity with Management of Change system(s).
- HAZOP/LOPA participant experience is a plus.
- Previous pulp/paper, chemical, or refining experience preferred.
- Small project scope development, leadership, execution, and commissioning skills preferred.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance effective Day 1
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement Opportunities
- Education Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off in addition to personal days and holidays
- Support for Community Involvement
- Bonus Plans