Gem Care Staffing is accepting resumes for entry to mid-level manufacturing associates to work for our client in Morristown, TN.
- Starting pay is $9.50 with a $0.50 increase after 30 days of employment.
- Employees will be eligible for Gem Care Health/Vision/Dental Insurance after 60 days of employment.
- This is a clean, climate controlled facility.
- The positions are on first and second shift. First shift hours are typically from 7:00 AM- 3:00 PM and second shift hours are from 3:00 pm -11:00 pm
- Some overtime may be required (usually until 5PM during the week for 1st shift) (usually coming in at 1:00 pm during the week for 2nd shift).
You will operate machinery and equipment, as well as do assembly, production and quality control and identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency. Climate Controlled environment and Employee Appreciation days.
- Operate, maintain and clean manufacturing machinery and equipment
- Complete work orders and requests in a timely fashion
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Assembly line or conveyor
- Applying labels to parts
- Assembling systems
- components and related items per work instructions and procedures by hand or with hand tools
- performing simple adjustments on automated equipment tools, fixtures, air drivers as needed
- delivering completed assemblies on time and maintaining a steady flow of work; ensuring product quality as defined by internal and external customers, work instructions and procedures, rotating between operations on the assembly line
- Working on machines, including fusion machines as assigned
- checking for defects in parts
- unloading and packing finished parts from conveyor into boxes to be packaged
- Moving buggies or tow carts onto Towveyor
- loading, unloading fabricated parts on paint/plate conveyor
- removing excess flash and burrs from plastic parts
- Performs other duties as required
- Previous experience in production, manufacturing or other related fields preferred
- HS Diploma/GED
- Pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs., occasionally to frequently
- Versatility to rotate between a variety of assembly operations during shift
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Moderate level of mobility; ability to push, pull and move finished product
- Proficiency with hand tools, assembly fixtures and air ratchets preferred