Machine Operator – West Knoxville
Gem Care Staffing is accepting resumes for Machine Operators to work in West Knoxville, TN. This is your opportunity to work at a facility that values hard working and dedicated employees!
- Starting pay is $15.04/hour.
- Employees will be eligible for Gem Care Health/Vision/Dental Insurance after 60 days of employment.
- Contract to hire after 90 days of successful employment.
- First shift hours are typically from 7:00 AM- 3:30 PM, second shift is 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM and third shift is 11:00 AM – 7:30 AM.
- Some mandatory overtime will be required.
Sets up and operates a 5-Axis CNC Machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Controls and adjusts machine settings to complete more complex tasks. May calculate and assist with numeric controlled programming.
- Sets up and operates a 5-Axis CNC Machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Controls and adjusts machine settings to complete more complex tasks.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- May calculate and assist with numeric controlled programming
- Operates and overhead crane
- Use blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product.
- Able to Maintain a clean work area and able to maintain and follow the 5s criteria
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Performs other duties as required
- 3-5 years of 5-Axis CNC Experience Preferred
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Experience with overhead cranes
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to perform the process and produce final quality checks
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to read tape measure, calipers and calibrated gauges
- Ability to understand fractions and decimals
- Pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. occasionally to frequently
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Moderate level of mobility; ability to push, pull and move finished product
- Steel toed shoes with metatarsal guards required