Die Cast Inspector-Morristown
Gem Care Staffing is accepting resumes for entry to mid-level Die Cast Inspectors to work for our client in Morristown, TN.
- Starting pay is $10.25 per hour. After 90 days the wages goes to $14.00 per hour for 1st shift and $14.70 for 2nd and 3rd
- Employees will be eligible for Health/Vision/Dental Insurance after 60 days of employment.
- The positions are on first, second and third shift. First shift hours are typically from 6:45 AM- 3:15 PM, second shift 2:15 PM – 10:45 PM and third shift hours are from 10:30 PM – 7:00 AM.
- Some overtime may be required with occasional weekends.
This position is responsible for inspecting parts per visual casting inspection work standards.
- Conduct visual quality checks per standard work instructions.
- Complete gauge checks
- Manage shot blast machine.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to move about in and around machinery and between lines.
- Frequent moves or lifts up to 50 lbs. throughout the shift.
- Constantly position self to run or maintain machinery (stooping, bending, squatting, pushing and pulling).
- Maintain clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Cross train in other positions or on other lines to develop competency in all machining operations.
- Maintain 5S of multiple die cast machines.
- Proper waste disposal
- Learn operating systems and participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Complete required paperwork.
- Performs other duties as required
- Previous experience in production, manufacturing or other related fields preferred
- HS Diploma/GED
- Strong math skills
- Pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, occasionally to frequently
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Moderate level of mobility; ability to push, pull and move finished product
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to withstand extreme temperatures (hot in summer, cold in winter).